PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sweet n' Crunchy

Rise and Shine ~ 

Good morning Beautiful Readers!

My favorite way to get the day started is by cookin' up something sweet and letting the aroma of baking blueberries fill my humble abode. On this sunny mid-week morning, I am going to do just that :) 

On today's menu.... 

Sweet n' Crunchy Blueberry Muffins 



Ingredients:
1-1/2 c. All-purpose flour
3/4 c. Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 Egg
1/3 c. Almond Milk
1 c. Fresh Blueberries

Sweet n' Crunchy Topping 
1/2 c. Sugar
1/3 c. Flour
1/4 c. Applesauce
1-1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Cooking Instructions 
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F & grease or line your muffin pan.
2. Whisk together all dry ingredients... Flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. In a 1 c. measuring cup, combine 1/3 c. Vegetable oil and 1 Egg, add milk to cup until filled. Do not mix. Pour cup into dry ingredients. Mix together until smooth. 
4. Fold in fresh blueberries, taking caution not to crush any. 
5. In a separate bowl, make your crunchy topping by combining all topping ingredients and lightly mixing. (Set aside until muffin pan is filled)
6. Fill muffin pan about 3/4 of the way, don't worry about over filling, the more you fill the bigger your muffin tops will be :) You may not be able to fill your whole pan... The recipe only makes enough for 8-9 muffins.
7. In an even layer, Cover the top layer of your muffin batter with your crunchy mixture.
8. Bake muffins for 20-23mins. Allow to cool on a wire rack and store in an air-tight container.
9. Enjoy!! 

PS. This is my third attempt at Blueberry Muffins and finally it is a success... I have been trying for weeks to create a sweet Sugar-Free muffin, but have failed miserably... any suggestions?!?!

PSS. Note that there is no butter in this recipe, per request by my Beautiful Mother!



3 comments:

  1. ugh, I so should not have come here tonight. I am finishing up laundry, trying to make myself go to bed, trying to tell myself that I. am. not. hungry. and then I see these. darn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...sitting her on a Friday night at 9:15 pm...craving blueberry muffins! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)) you must not deprive your self of your cravings hahah !! Try them and let me know how u like them :))

      Delete

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!