PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Star Spangled Banner

*Happy Day* 

Let the countdown BEGIN.... 11 Days and my sweet heart & I will be headed back home to visit my wonderful family in Las Vegas! This trip will be one of the most memorable moments of my life. My, not so little, little brother PJ is off to basic training for the US Army. He is enlisting as a Cryptologic Linguist and we could not be more proud.

Side note about PJ (Paul Michael Hamby Jr.):
P.J. was born on March 21, 1991. From the time my beautiful mother was pregnant with him, I knew we would be best friends and that he would grow up to be something incredible. After he was born,  I took him everywhere with me, pushed him in all of my baby carriages, and couldn't wait to rush home from school to teach him everything I had learned. I wanted him to know everything! At night, he would read to me and recite everything he knew about sharks and marine life. He was my little smarty pants! If I had a scary dream, he would stay up and talk to me until I fell back asleep. As we grew up, he grew more and more perfect, becoming exactly the man my mother and I had dreamed he would be. His mind so creative and his soul so pure. 

PJ is now setting off to follow his dreams and to take on the world. He is a passionate and brilliant writer. As he sets off to find many new adventures, I truly hope he gains great inspiration and writes to tell the world about it!

In honor of his accomplishments and departure my mom and I are hosting a farewell get together in our hometown! The theme will be 1940's wartime,  to reflect Pj's vintage style and his future military career! The party will be complete with 1940's music, camo print cupcakes, & Lucky Strikes. I'll need help coming up with decor and food ideas... feel free to share any bright ideas. 

Check out these fun Invites I made to get everyone in the Uncle Sam Spirit! 
(Inspired by actual Draft Notice)
 

I sent the Invitations out today, so keep an eye on your mail box... Next step: THE MENU! Stay tuned.. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic night! Thank you for your support!




2 comments:

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!