PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Welcome 2013


Happy New Year 




What's your new year resolution ??


This year instead of doing the usual... Lose weight, be a good person, blah blah blah, I've decided to really take my resolution seriously and tune into some specifics. 

I, Jana Marie Hamby, for the year 2013, resolve to :
1. Meet my goal weight by April & buy my first VS swimsuit.
2. Run my first half marathon on June 6
3. Raise $100,000 for the lymphoma & leukemia society, and in honor of my beautiful mother. 
4. Be more proactive, every Sunday, Sebastian and I write down a few simple goals for the week. We focus on these goals and make sure that by the following Sunday they have been completely accomplished. 

Easy enough right ...

Well I'm pretty sure many of you share my first goal,
"Meet my goal weight by April & buy my first VS swimsuit"

As part of this goal, I am going to commit to sharing my meal plans and exercise regamine. Many of my friends and family know that right before thanksgiving, I began a paleo/Atkins adventure! It was so fun and enlightening that I have decided to continue on that path. 
While just focusing on my diet I have already lost 17lbs And with 15 more still to lose, there's no time to slow down!! I have done so much research and tried many recipes that I am very excited to share with you. 

Starting tomorrow I will be documenting my meals and exercise plans. I hope to inspire and show my readers that going grain free, gluten free, & dairy free really is fun, easy, and affordable!! 

Today, is a prep day! 
PLAN YOUR MEALS & DO YOUR SHOPPING
Grocery shopping has become one of my favorite kinds of shopping 😊
Below is my list to get started. Starting on Monday it's back to school, so It will be very very helpful to plan my lunches and dinners. 




🍴
What to Buy:
Produce
Kale
Slack of leafy lettuce
Butternut squash
Slack of celery 
Bag of Favorite salad lettuce  (I <3 spring mix)
Cucumber
Carrots
Cauliflower 
Broccoli 
Asparagus 
Onion
Sweet potatoes 
Berries of your choice 
Cantaloupe 
Apples

Meat/poultry
Ground turkey 
Chicken breast
Turkey sausage 
Turkey bacon 
Tilapia Fillets 

Dairy
Almond Milk 
Eggs 
Small Serving of Greek Yogurt
2% Italian style shredded cheese
Annie's Light Goddess dressing

Other
Ziplock storage containers
Ziplock bags 
Almond Flour 
Almond butter
Low-Carb Whole wheat tortillas
Tuna in packet
Chicken Broth 
Kalamata olives 
Ground Flaxseed 
Atkins protein shake 
Atkins treat for dessert
Frozen berries
FrozenBroccoli 
Frozen Spinach 


Don't be alarmed, this list should cost around $100, but that's just to get started. 

Use this list as a guide. If you don't like a particular vegi, change it up with something else. Don't forget to do your research, some fruits & Vegis are loaded with unneeded sugars & carbs.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy this wonderful food & life journey that I am on. Please leave your comments & suggestions, I'd love to hear what y'all are trying for yourselves!

Xoxo
Happy Eating 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!