PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gone Vegan for Amber

 Happy Friday
Let's go Vegan Today!

I have been so blessed with so many beautiful people in my life. I have an amazing family, a perfect boyfriend, & fabulous friends! Most of my ideas and inspiration come from them and today I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite people, my cousin Amber! 

Amber and I have always been very close & I am so thankful that I got to grow up with such a beautiful role model. Amber has a smile that lights up the west coast and a laugh that is so contagious! 
Amber is the definition of a strong & powerful woman. Everytime I see her, no matter what's going on, she's always got it under control! She's spent the past eight years raising the most handsome young man, staying fabulous & working hard! 
I miss my beautiful cousin everyday, but whenever we get together its like we haven't missed a beat. Today, I wanted to dedicate this yummy treat to her. Amber is a Vegan & she has always been so supportive of my blog, but I rarely have things that she can make without having to substitute. So today is just for her !

Enjoy Amber! 

Banana Flaxseed Muffins 
With Vegan Honey Cream Cheese

Fire up your oven to 350. Line & grease your cupcake pan.

Muffin ingredients:
2 medium RIPE bananas
1 cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Flaxseed 
1 packet of Truvia
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 
1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
1/4 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Applesauce

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
3 tsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

In your Kitchen Aid, add your wet ingredients and mix on low speed. {Bananas, Vanilla extract & paste, almond milk & applesauce}
In a separate medium bowl mix your dry ingredients, and then slowly add to your wet ingredients. {Almond flour,  flaxseed, Truvia, baking soda & powder}
Once well combined, pour evenly into your cupcake pan and bake for 15-20 mins. 
While your muffins are in the oven, mix up your frosting. Allow your cream cheese to soften & whip together with sugar and vanilla extract. You can even add a dash of cinnamon for a little extra spice. 

Once your muffins are done, allow to cool on a cooling rack. Pipe on  your whipped frosting & drizzle a little honey on top. 

Mmm..Mmm..Mmm. 

Enjoy!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!