PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Goin' Green

Happy Sunday & Welcome to my Favorite day of the week...


Sunday's have always been so important to me. Growing up, it meant Mom was off for the day, it meant no school, it meant time to enjoy the sunshine and a day with the family !


On this particular Sunday, I have been inspired by my brilliant & Creative friend Valerie! Her mom has a totally organic garden and shared some of her fresh produce with me! The vegitables were so colorful and you could just smell the freshness radiating off of them! These little vegitables have inspired me to really examen my carbon footprint and environmental contribution!




Creative Val, avid Martha Fan, had me check out Marth's "Whole Living-Living Green" section! You must read for your self. You'll find everything from eco-friendly gardening tips, to chemical free household cleaning products! I was very fascinated by the section on Organic Myths! Many people have negitive views on going green, because of these myths, my boyfriend especially! After educating ourselves on the truths of these myths, I hope he'll be more elightened by my going green initiatives!

These are just a few sections of her FAB green ideas!!

EAT THIS....                                                                NOT THAT....


Now for my eco-responsibilities, I decided to start the day off green by ditching the gas guzzler and peddled into work today! The weather is beyond gorgeous right now and what a perfect way to get in some excercise. I also packed my lunch, with out using any plastic or disposable containers! For dinner tonight, I am cooking up some spaghetti squash (found at the local farmers market yesterday), topped with a homemade zuccini & squash marinara. Oh and can't forget about dessert.. Chocolate cover strawberries, made with the most ripe and juicy strawberries you can find! I can't wait to taste all the bursting flavors that this meal is going to have! And the best part is, it 100% supports all local growers and will be 100% organic! Here's something to try today, replace one meal with a totally vegitarian dish! Do this once a day or even once a week and you will be on your way to going green!! GO GREEN!


Already so inspired by Martha & Val, I set out to find more Green Projects! I was so surprised by the endless amounts of information that I found! I live in a beautiful city, full of people will to go green and help every organism in their community! I highly encourgage everyone to do your own research on local Co-ops and show your support! Don't feel obligated to spend any money, many of the co-ops I've found are just in dire need of Volunteers due to the growing number of followers! Do your part, find something positive, healthy, and inspiring to do with your beautiful day !

For my houston friends, check out these great projects...

Keep Calm & Go Green!

Happy Sunday Beautiful People!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!