PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, July 7, 2012

What started it all ...








Cakes
Mmm... Cakes are truly what got me interested in baking. It seems strange because, in my opinion,  cakes are not among the easiest baking projects to tackle ! I owe my spark of interest to the one and only Cake Boss, Buddy from Carlos bakery !!! Lol I started watching his show and decided to attempt just a fraction of what he does. To my surprise, I wasn't too shabby !! 
   
Some of my first projects ! Lol I could definitely use a class or two ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since then,  I have tried my luck at many more baking projects most of which are not cakes . This past month I have dusted off my ol' cake pans and brought out the fondant to make some cakes for two very important people in my life ! 

For my very beautiful girlfriend and partner in crime, Brittany, I made a fabulous cake for her baby girls first birthday !

This two tier (3layers for each tier) cake was quite a project. We only lost one nights sleep and it took three days to clean up the aftermath in my kitchen, but it was so worth it! Little Reagan's pink lemonade themed party went on with a bang !! And I am so glad that her mommy and I will forever share the memory of this cake !! 

Note to self: next year just buy the cake from Kroger ! 
&
For my sweetheart and the love of my life, who was a little jealous that miss Reagan got such a wonderful cake and I hadn't made any plans to make him one ... I was guilted into making him an IRON MAN cake! 
This yummy super hero cake has lemon zest cake layers with a strawberry cream cheese filling !! 
What a super treat for my superhero!!

I hope you have enjoyed this sneak peak into some on my cake projects that got me started and what I'm working on now ! Thank you for Reading !! 
Xoxo - Jana Marie





 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jana, you are so talented, those cakes look awesome! You should make a cake that has flavors that make you think of your mom. Like what about a Cosmo cake or a margarita cake? A good mulled merlot cupcake maybe? Let her be your inspiration! :-)

    Andrea Hamby

    ReplyDelete

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!