PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What's for Lunch!?

 What's for lunch!? 

This could, quite possibly, be one of the hardest questions I ask myself everyday! 
Lunch is a tricky meal because you usually don't have a lot of time, you don't want to make something too heavy & usually you're not at home ! 
Well today is my day off and I came home from running errands around lunch time and instead of bringing home salads & subs for Sebastian & I, I decided that I would make something much more satisfying :) 


Turkey Burgers & 
Zucchini Avocado Slaw

Turkey Burgers:
Heat up your skillet with a dollop of Olive Oil.
In a mixing bowl, combine-
1/2 pound of ground turkey
1tsp Garlic
A hand full of chopped onion 
A dash of Your favorite chicken/steak seasoning 
Salt & Pepper
1 egg
Mix well & form into two patties. Plop onto your skillet & cook well on both sides.
Start your slaw.

Zucchini & Avocado Slaw
Using your food processor, grate-
1/2 zucchini 
7 baby carrots
Use a paper towel to absorb access water. Add to a medium mixing bowl and combine-
Zucchini/carrot mixture
 Salt and Pepper 
1/2 avocado 
Mix well and serve with your burger topped with fresh mozzarella. 



Ta-Da!! Easy yummy lunch that cost me no extra cash,only 15mins time & can be prepared in the morning before work. 
Sebastian was a little surprised when he came to the table to see NO BUN, but after he started chewing down I'd say it was a pleasant surprise ! 

Happy Eating!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!