PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We make a good story...

We make a good Story ...
Almost three years ago, I met a man who would later become my better half. I love to recall our first time meeting & the rest of our love story because it always makes me laugh. I just love when people ask how we met, because I get to answer with, "Do you have a sec, it's a really good story!" The story goes a little like this...

One of my very best friends, Jessica, was visiting me in Houston & we were headed out for a night on the town. I wanted to show her a fun "country" time, being in Texas and all, so we went to a country bar in very trendy part of Houston. Showing up a little too early, There was not one person in the bar! Tempted to leave, we asked the bartender if people actually came to this place. He looked at us with a confused look, as he prepped the bar and answered, "Yes, but not at 8 o'clock, who goes out at so early ..." Being two girls from Vegas, we didn't see why it was so weird to be ready to dance the night away at 8!

Determined to get our "two-step" on, we decided to hang out, enjoy each others company with a few cheap cocktails and wait for the party to start...and a short two hours later it certainly did! 

The rest of the story I remember it like a scene right out of a romantic comedy; a little cheesy, a lot of fun, & that scene where she notices him from across the smokey room! As I was twirling around on the wooden dance floor, attempting to teach a few "texans" how to two-step, I saw a devilishly handsome, tall man in a blazer and blue jeans, who just looked too cool to be standing where he was.



When the next song came on, that very cool man walked right up to me and asked for the next dance! With his two left feet, I spun him around on the dance floor for as long as he'd let me! The cool guy introduced me to his wildly fabulous friends & this marks the moment that i met Brady & Cece,  who would later become two people that I could not live without! When it was time for the bar to close, I was so intrigued by this cool guy & his friends that I was not ready for the night to end... So I grabbed Jess and we went along with them to their friends apartment across from the bar. (At the time it probably wasn't the smartest/safest idea I've ever had, but it was totally worth it) 

By the time 4am rolled around I thought I had a pretty good Idea of what this cool guy was all about. This is a list of everything I knew after just a few hours of meeting him.
1. He was from Miami (totally hot, right?)
2. He was two years older than me, major plus!
3. He had his own downtown loft 
4. He was a big bossy manager  (a steady good paying job, plus)
5. He drove the sexiest motorcycle you've ever seen! 
6. He was absolutely hilarious! 
7. He was a total animal lover (mainly cats)
8. He had the dreamiest Carmely colored eyes you've ever seen.
9. He was a perfect kisser.
10. His name was Sebastian Michael! 

**Please note that numbers 1-5 would later be proven, completely false, all for good reason though**


Now, I would say the rest is history, but that's not quite the whole story. I woke up the next morning to a sweet text from him, and I knew he was hooked! We went on our first date just a few days later to see the movie "JackA** 3D", where we shared our queasy weak stomach reactions! The rest of that night was spent on the roof top of my apartment getting to know each other even better! The night would not be complete without a few more elaborate tales from my future love. To this day, we still joke about how he tried to convince me that he was an ex navy seal.

After two months of fabulous dates, very interesting conversations, & lost nights sleep, it was time for me to head back to Vegas for the holidays. I was going home for a whole month and would not be back until after the new year. We had made plans to hang out on the last day before I left & sadly I was stood up! He canceled our plans for that night, and I wouldn't be able to see him before I left. I was so heart broken! He blew it! I told myself that was his only chance and I was onto bigger and better things... 

That holiday season I put him in the back of my mind and made an honest attempt to completely forget about the jerk that blew me off. I was doing pretty good until New Year's Eve. The devilishly handsome man I just couldn't forget sent me the sweetest New Years text, proving that he couldn't forget me either. I spent the rest of my New Year's Eve and every day after that, wanting him right by my side. 



As soon as I returned to Houston, my Prince Charming was waiting for me, and now the rest is pretty much history. 
February 6th, 2011: Super Bowl Sunday we spent the day watching my Packers win ! That night I made him promise he'd never break my heart.
April 16th, 2011: With all of our friends back at that same ol' country bar where we first met, Sebastian Chunn confessed his love to me, knowing very well I was totally in love with Him too! That same night, I also learned that my cool guy was 3yrs younger than what I had known to be true! Apparently he was convinced that I wouldn't have given him the time of day had I know that he was actually one year younger than me! 
August 26,2011:  We got our first downtown apartment together! And began our little family complete with 2 furry kitties and one little pup.

I am learning new things about my love everyday! He learned very quickly that  I was not in love with him because of where he was from, or for how much money he made, or for even how old he was... I fell in love with him because he was charming, creative, hard-working and determined to succeed. He was everything I was looking for and nothing short of perfect!

Our story has hilarious highs and ridiculous lows,  but it is ours. In all of my dreams this is exactly what I've always wanted, a good story to tell and an amazing person by my side to tell it with me!  

I hope you have enjoyed our story as much as we have, stay tuned for more wild adventures of 
❤Jana & Sebastian❤



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your brilliant ideas & comments are so appreciated!!